7th Ludwig Boltzmann Forum: 20 February 2015 at the Embassy of Austria in Tokyo
Gerhard Fasol, Chair
One highlight of this year’s 7th Ludwig Boltzmann Forum was when Nobel Prize Winner Shuji Nakamura who’s invention of GaN LEDs eliminates the need to build thirty 1GW class nuclear power stations in the USA alone by 2030, asked the world’s most experienced nuclear power station operators and regulators, Chuck Casto, which source of energy he thought was best for Japan. Read Chuck Casto’s answer here.
- Shuji Nakamura: Developments of InGaN-based double hetero-structure high brightness blue LEDs and future lighting
- Gerhard Fasol: Ludwig Boltzmann – the revolutionary, Boltzmann’s work, Boltzmann’s constant and entropy
- Chuck Casto: Global leadership in the extreme: crisis leadership in post-Fukushima
- Hiroyuki Yoshikawa: Macroscopic Engineering
- 14:00 Welcome by Dr. Bernhard Zimburg, Ambassador of Austria to Japan
- 14:10 Gerhard Fasol: today’s agenda
- 14:20 – 15:20 Shuji Nakamura: Developments of InGaN-based double hetero-structure high brightness blue LEDs and future lighting
- 15:40 – 16:30 Gerhard Fasol: Ludwig Boltzmann – the revolutionary
- 16:30 – 17:00 Chuck Casto: POWER OUTAGE: Japan nuclear power program post-Fukushima?
- 17:15 – 17:45 Hiroyuki Yoshikawa: Macroscopic Engineering
- 17:45 – 17:50 Gerhard Fasol: Summary
- 17:50 – Reception at Ambassador’s Residence