Presentation to a delegation of Denmark’s media leaders: printed media, newspapers, radio, TV
at the Embassy of Denmark
March 1, 2010
Topic: “Japan’s media revolution – a European perspective”
- Why is there no NOKIA in Japan?
- Is Japan’s market difficult and closed?
- What can we learn?
- Nokia tried for 20 years to build a business in Japan and failed
- Vodafone acquired Japan’s third largest mobile + fixed net telecom operator and failed
- Airbus started very very late – and therefore has sold almost no airplanes in Japan Why?
- You must listen to Japanese customers to build a healthy business in Japan
- First to market in Japan vs Galapagos effect
- Media and TV industry overview
- Mobile TV
- Cross platform example: BeeTV
For more details see our Report on Japan’s Media