Energy. Entropy. Leadership.
6th Ludwig Boltzmann Forum. 20 February 2014 at the Embassy of Austria in Tokyo
Gerhard Fasol, Chair
- Kenichi Iga Former President and Emeritus Professor of Tokyo Institute of Technology. Inventor of VCSEL (vertical cavity surface emitting lasers), widely used in photonics systems.
- Gerhard Fasol CEO of Eurotechnology Japan KK. Served as Associate Professor of Tokyo University, Lecturer at Cambridge University, and Manger of Hitachi Cambridge R&D Lab.
- Kiyoshi Kurokawa Academic Fellow of GRIPS and former Chairman of Fukushima Nuclear Accident Independent Investigation Commission by National Diet of Japan
- Haruo Kawahara Representative Director and Chairman of the Board of JVC KENWOOD Corporation
- Yoshinao Mishima President of Tokyo Institute of Technology. Materials scientist specialized on nano-materials and high-performance materials
- 14:00: Welcome by Dr. Berhard Zimburg, Ambassador of Austria to Japan (represented by Peter Storer, Minister for Cultural Affairs)
- 14:10: Gerhard Fasol: today’s agenda
- 14:20-14:40 Kenichi Iga: vs – Optoelectronics and Energy
- 14:40-15:20 Gerhard Fasol:
- 15:40-16:20 Kiyoshi Kurokawa: Quo vadis Japan? – Uncertain times.
- 16:40-17:00 Haruo Kawahara: Revitalization of Japanese Industry – KENWOOD – JVCKENWOOD
- 17:00-17:20 Yoshinao Mishima: Educational reforms at Tokyo Institute of Technology
- 17:20-17:40 Gerhard Fasol: Summary